BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 7, 2008

Homemade Buttermilk Syrup

This is my families favorite syrup. We are completely addicted now. It's super easy to make.

In a large pan toss in:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick of butter or margarine

3/4 cup of Buttermilk
(I actually just make sour milk most of the time with regular milk and 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice added in, or I may substitute with coconut milk that I keep in my pantry.) Really who has time or the fridge space to keep buttermilk all the time???
2 Tbsp. of Corn Syrup
1 tsp. of Baking Soda


Bring everything to a boil of 2 minutes. It is going to foam up a ton. This is why you need to use a large pan (like as in one for boiling a pot of potatoes) even though it is only for about 2 cups of syrup.
After it boils mix in 2 tsps. of Vanilla.


I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Ok that looks way yummy I think you need to make biscuits and gravy to post on here that is one of my favorites all though I know how to make it yours always turns out better.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Never heard of such a thing! I just might have to try this one!