BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 10, 2008

Potato Salad


I have used this "recipe" for years and have always received rave reviews!

6-8 medium potatoes
3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 c chopped dill pickle
1 TBS pickle juice
3 TBS mayonnaise
2 TBS miracle whip
1-2 TBS mustard
salt
pepper
onion powder
garlic powder

Peel, cut and cook the potatoes until done, but not mushy. Rinse and cool in cold water. Pour into a large serving bowl. Chop the hard boiled eggs and add them to the potatoes. Add the pickles and mix well. Add the mayonnaise and the miracle whip a little bit at a time until the desired texture is reached (I like my potato salad really moist). Then add in the pickle juice and the mustard until the right color/taste is reached. Then you start adding in the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. I can't tell you amounts because it's different every time. I just go until it tastes right, but I leave it a little bit weaker than I want because the tastes intensify when it is refrigerated. If you will be serving immediately, you can season it stronger. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes approximately 8 servings.

0 comments: